Redstone Commodity Search /
Job Reference: RS0732
Job Title: Aluminium Trader/Sales
Location: Asia Pacific
Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with a global metals producer looking to hire an Aluminium Sales Officer to join the team in China.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Responsible for expanding the sales of physical primary aluminium products in China with a major focus on billets/alloys and related casthouse products
- Find and execute export processing opportunities for primary metal to be converted to VAP’s and semi-finished products in China for export markets
- Establish and maintain excellent customer relationships through communication, contract negotiation, visits, handling enquiries etc. to enhance the overall commercial success of the China trading book
- Use commercial expertise within the aluminium sector in China to maximise the efficiency of the companies overall supply chain, in addition to establishing risk assessments for book optimisation
- Reports into the Head of China
Key Qualifications / Experience
- At least 3+ years’ experience trading or selling primary aluminium products (billets/alloys, scrap a benefit) ideally within a trading organisation so there is a full understanding of the entire supply chain/back to back process (can also consider salesperson from relevant producer)
- An established network of clients and strong relationships with relevant aluminium customers/suppliers across China
- Import/export tolling operations experience, as well as expertise with INCOTERMS 2010, LME/SHFE hedging and other trade/finance techniques
- Must be fluent in Mandarin and English
- Located in Beijing or happy to relocate
If you match the job description and are keen on applying for this role; please send us a copy of your resume/cover letter to email@example.com or submit your application through the Vacancy Form.