Redstone Commodity Search /
Base Metals Trader
Base Metals Trader
Job Reference: RS0569A
Job Title: Base Metals Trader
Location: Asia Pacific
Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with an international trading house seeking a base metals trader in their Shanghai office.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Trade international and domestic business to maximise the global profit of the base metals team with a strong focus on copper and nickel
- Allocate long and short positions within the related entities and co-ordinate regional trading activity with the global team
- Directly responsible for personal PnL and upkeep of the base metals import/export book, while liaising with the financing and risk control departments to set up new customer relationships
- Manage the import/export position with both upstream and downstream counterparties in China and wider APAC region, whilst managing the traffic positions of the daily operations in contract execution
- Reports into the Senior VP
Key Qualifications / Experience
- 5 years’ experience in commodity trading and operations, with 8 years in total on international commercial import/export business
- Strong knowledge of base metals/concentrates/bulk
- English and Mandarin language skills are essential
- Knowledge of warehousing, finance, accounting and risk management is preferable
- Located in Shanghai or happy to relocate
If you match the job description and are keen on applying for this role; please send us a copy of your resume/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your application through the Vacancy Form.