Redstone Commodity Search /
Cement Products Trader
Cement Products Trader
Job Reference: RS0496B
Job Title: Bunker Trader
Location: Middle East
Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with an international energy trading company looking to hire a Cementitious Products Trader to join the commercial team in Dubai.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- In charge of expanding and maintaining the company’s construction industry client base across destination markets trading cementitious products (Cement, Pyroxenite, Limestone, Slag, Gypsum, Clinker, Fly Ash etc.)
- Actively source cement, cementitious products and by-products from bulk and raw material trading houses
- Work closely and liaise with the shipping and operations teams, following the trade process from start to finish, taking on any problem that may arise.
- Perform regular market research of industry trends to achieve new business opportunities to ensure healthy profit margins while identifying and mitigating possible risk
- Liaise with suppliers to negotiate on pricing and terms to ensure optimum company revenue
- Devising hedging strategies with the help of derivatives/paper traders
- Focus on developing and maintaining a profitable customer portfolio with the aspiration to introduce new geographical regions while maintaining existing relationships
- Managing P&L books performance for respective products
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience trading physical bulk products with at least 2 years’ experience trading cementitious products (Cement, Pyroxenite, Limestone, Slag, Gypsum, Clinker, Fly Ash etc.)
- A strong network of contacts in the dry bulk and construction industries, across destination markets
- Excellent knowledge of trading, shipping, chartering and operations processes
- Ideal candidate will have experience managing their own book
- Exceptional communicator with the ability to prioritise their own workload
- Willing to travel frequently to represent the business in client meetings
- Located in Dubai or happy to relocate
If you match the job description and are keen on applying for this role; please send us a copy of your resume/cover letter to email@example.com or submit your application through the Vacancy Form.