Redstone Commodity Search /
Job Reference: RS0721
Job Title: Coal Trader
Location: Asia Pacific
Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with a global commodities trading house looking to hire an experienced coal trader to join their established commercial team in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Responsible for the physical trading of thermal coal (sourced from Indonesia) across South East Asian markets including Vietnam, Thailand and the Philippines – main focus to be domestic market
- Managing existing and building new relationships within the target markets to help grow the coal portfolio
- Perform market research and keep up to date with industry trends
- Develop and carry out strategies to optimise the commercial success on the sales side into the target regions
- Reports into the Managing Director
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience trading Indonesian coal on physical markets
- A transferable book of business is ideal
- An established network on the sales side focused on South East Asia (Vietnam, Thailand and the Philippines) an asset
- Must be proficient in English, ideally also in Bahasa Indonesian - any other languages as an additional benefit
- Role to be located in Jakarta (candidate must hold existing right to work)
If you match the job description and are keen on applying for this role; please send us a copy of your resume/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your application through the Vacancy Form.