Redstone Commodity Search /
Coffee Quality Manager
Coffee Quality Manager
Job Reference: RS0671
Job Title: Coffee Quality Manager
Location: Asia Pacific
Product: Softs & Agriculture
Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with a multinational food manufacturing group looking to hire a Coffee Quality Manager to join their team working at their facilities in Laos. This position is an expat assignment and relocation assistance will be provided.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Responsible for quality control and reporting of green coffee (Arabica and Robusta) at the time of buying, processing, storage and shipping.
- Train and mentor Quality Control team (including in sample preparation, grading, cupping and reporting methods).
- Active participation in wet and dry processing operations – engaging, supervising, auditing and visiting different site locations to ensure that utmost quality is achieved through best practices.
- Assist and support the Accounts team and Branch Manager in auditing available stocks and providing timely information related to quantity and quality.
- Frequent coordination with a diverse local team, suppliers, global marketing and sales offices, and customers.
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Previous work experience as a Quality Manager at a coffee roaster, with demonstrable experience in quality control
- Q Grader certification preferred
- Strong knowledge of roasting samples (roast curve, temperature sensitivity); grading, cupping and sample preparation
- Fluent in English. Excellent communication skills and cultural intelligence
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial. Passionate about coffee and willing to relocate to rural South East Asia.
- Location is rural Laos. Candidate will be expected to relocate (assistance and support will be provided)
If you match the job description and are keen on applying for this role; please send us a copy of your resume/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your application through the Vacancy Form.