Redstone Commodity Search /
Job Reference: RS0677
Job Title: Commercial Controller
Location: Asia Pacific
Product: Softs & Agriculture
Role: Risk Management
Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with an international commodity conglomerate who are looking to hire a Commercial Controller to join their team in Singapore. This person will have management responsibilities within both risk and financial teams.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Oversee daily trading, market risk and related functions such as execution, middle office, and operations, including the daily P&L & market reports.
- Streamline processes relating to daily P&L preparation to monitor business performance and ensure its accuracy
- Manage / control the price, risk & credit through business processes and monitoring mechanism
- Improve existing risk management processes including system implementation and ensure controls are in place for check and balance
- Manage direct reports from both risk and financial teams within the subsidiary and be able to provide assistance within the group if required
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum 10 years' regional strategic financial management experience from similar or commodities companies, ideally in palm or other edible oils
- Business Partnering skills and a good team player
- Must be confident with commodity risk management & financial planning
- Commercially-oriented with high energy, a ‘can-do’ attitude and hands-on
- Possess business acumen and strong commercial sense
- Experience in managing and developing policies for risk related to price, forex, trading, counter party and credit
- Driven, sharp, results orientated with strong understanding of business (operations and trading) and key drivers
- Degree in Accounting and professional accounting qualification including ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW and/or CPA will be an added advantage
- Role based in Singapore - must hold Singaporean nationality or PR
If you match the job description and are keen on applying for this role; please send us a copy of your resume/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your application through the Vacancy Form.