Redstone Commodity Search /
Crude Oil Trader
Crude Oil Trader
Job Reference: RS0495B
Job Title: Crude Oil Trader
Location: US & Canada
Product: Energy, Oil
Role: Sales, Trading
Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with a North American trading house looking to hire a senior crude oil trader to strengthen their international coverage.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Build and maintain a physical trading book for crude oil, sourcing from the USA and exporting internationally (Asia, Europe, Middle East, Africa etc.)
- Utilize hedging strategies to manage risk/physical exposure and optimise on trading positions
- Develop strong relationships with refineries and producers within the USA
- Perform regular market analysis to develop existing and create new trading channels
- Role reports into VP of Trading
Key Qualifications / Experience
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience trading physical crude oil internationally
- Strong understanding of export logistics and operations for oil products
- Transferable clients within in Asia, Europe and the Middle East is advantageous
- Profitable proven trading and Pnl record within the US, European, Middle East African or Asian crude markets
- Located in Houston, TX
If you match the job description and are keen on applying for this role; please send us a copy of your resume/cover letter to Thomas@redstonesearch.com or submit your application through the Vacancy Form.