Redstone Commodity Search /
Job Reference: RS0502B
Job Title: Financial Controller
Location: Middle East
Role: Accounting, Finance, Trade Finance
Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with a newly created division of a family owned private enterprise with activities in mining, real estate, trading and other related operations looking to hire a Financial Controller to join the commercial team in Dubai. Depending on ability, performance and progress the position could grow into an expanded CFO role in the organisation with greater scope of duties.
The start-up entity is a division of the parent company, who has been working in the mining and commodity sector for well over 20 years, and has been operating out of Dubai for the past 10 years. It is well financed and has been trading in physical commodities (mineral), including its warehousing and transportation by truck and rail to ports for onward shipping.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Responsible for the planning, organisation and execution of group financial activities as well as preparation of financial statements (cash flow reporting, balance sheet reconciliation, account analysis, etc.)
- Contribute to the preparation of budgets, develop group financial policy and maintain company guidelines regarding GAAP and IFRS
- Manage and coordinate audit, tax and statutory requirements
- Oversee and coordinate the acquisition of warehousing and transportation facilities and the financing of smelters and other secondary factories, signing off-take agreements
- Stay informed of developments of relevant financial regulations in order to anticipate their impact on future financial statements
- Reports into CEO
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Experience in Financial and Management accounting & reporting (including monthly, quarterly, board reporting, costing, budgeting, financial modeling) is essential. Some knowledge of cost accounting and corporate taxation would be desirable.
- In addition, experience with commodities trading (physical) including logistics (land, rail & marine) as well as letters of credit and foreign exchange would be essential.
- Experience with hedging, put/call options, forward contracts, would be a definite plus.
- Exposure to a multi- jurisdictional corporate structure would be an advantage.
- Ability to manage relationships and compliance requirements of bankers, taxation and regulatory authorities.
- Ability to liaise and deal with senior bankers and professional advisors.
- A self-starter with professional gravitas, good communication skills and an “entrepreneurial & ownership” mindset.
- Ability to function effectively in an entrepreneurial environment with a young and driven multi-disciplinary team, in a multi-ethnic environment comprising an initial team of about six operational staff.
- Willingness to travel.
If you match the job description and are keen on applying for this role; please send us a copy of your resume/cover letter to email@example.com or submit your application through the Vacancy Form.