Redstone Commodity Search /
Head of Recycling
Head of Recycling
Job Reference: RS1078
Job Title: Head of Recycling
Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with a major mining company looking to hire a Recycling Director to join the team in Switzerland.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Responsible for leading the company expansion into the recycling sector (focus on aluminium), spearheading the formulation and growth of the division
- Streamline and maximise the existing asset portfolio through optimising the growth of recycled aluminium and aluminium scrap, identifying acquisition and investment opportunities to supplement this expansion
- Target end -users, tier 1 suppliers and OEM’s in relevant recycling sectors (packaging, automotive, consumer goods) to generate business and increase the number of commercial opportunities that can be executed
- Develop company understanding of scrap market knowledge / value and how this links with primary / secondary aluminium, construct an extensive outlook of supply/demand, logistics, scrap pricing, technological facets etc.
- Advise senior leaders on business opportunities, challenges and issues related to aluminium products involving recycled material and create value through carbon reduction
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in aluminium recycling / scrap sector, and / or secondary production (ideally within a sales or marketing role)
- Extensive knowledge of aluminium recycling and scrap including the key pre and post-consumer players and processes
- Understanding of the relevant supply and demand factors related to aluminium products, how they are impacted by recycled content and carbon reduction
- Excellent strategic and commercial acumen, highly motivated with the ability to lead a new division
- Located in Switzerland / happy to relocate
For all positions based in Switzerland, Redstone Legal, Risk & Compliance Search works with their licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH. All candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
If you match the job description and are keen on applying for this role; please send us a copy of your resume/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your application through the Vacancy Form.