Redstone Commodity Search /
Head of Soft Commodities
Head of Soft Commodities
Job Reference: RS0614
Job Title: Head of Soft Commodities
Product: Softs & Agriculture
Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with a global commodity brokerage looking for an experienced Head of Soft Commodities in London/Europe to help the business expand its product offering and develop the desk into a market leading participant.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Manage the Soft Commodity book for the company, facilitating market access for participants of the softs markets including cotton, coffee, cocoa and sugar markets across both corporate and institutional clients.
- Establish new relationships with producers and trading houses for trade execution and clearing services across both listed and OTC futures and options
- Generate and distribute market information and intelligence to clients within the soft commodity space to increase the company’s brand exposure and upsell existing counterparties to a fully integrated risk management platform covering managed futures/options books
- Expand and grow the desk to incorporate new markets, business area’s and functions to compete across the UK and Europe, bringing the company into a top tier broker for soft commodities
- Reports into the Managing Director
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Degree or related qualification in capital markets or derivatives/futures and options trading or broking
- An existing book of relationships to assist in building a desk from the ground up. A portable book of execution clients would be a major bonus, ideally exceeding £300k in annual revenue from clearing and execution services
- Experienced in cocoa, coffee, sugar or cotton markets with a strong understanding of the physical trading/production side of the business. Exposure to market pricing, supply and demand fundamentals and market pressures/report writing is a benefit
- Experience working within a commodity brokerage or corporate sales team, with a strong focus on sales and business development as well as relationship management and client retention is key
- Located in London
If you match the job description and are keen on applying for this role; please send us a copy of your resume/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your application through the Vacancy Form.