Redstone Commodity Search /
Job Reference: RS0985
Job Title: Operations Assistant
Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with an international trading house looking to hire an Assistant Operator to join the team in London.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Following instructions from the operator, invoice the material into the systems, send and receive invoices to and from banks/customers
- Daily monitoring of the payments for invoices across the European metals portfolio, chasing up payments if they have not been received on time
- Marking off funds received in the system
- Interface internally with various departments including trading, operations and trade finance to ensure smooth execution of daily duties
- Reports into Head of Operations
Key Qualifications / Experience
- 1-3 years’ experience in a role related to commodities operations/traffic/logistics, exposure to metals a benefit
- Understanding of how a trading company operates, specifically with respect to pricing and financing
- Experience handling invoices and liaising effectively with banks and other counterparties
- Excellent attention to detail and prior use of Fintrade (Brady) system is an advantage
- Located in London / UK
If you match the job description and are keen on applying for this role; please send us a copy of your resume/cover letter to email@example.com or submit your application through the Vacancy Form.