Redstone Commodity Search /
Job Reference: RS0882
Job Title: Senior Operator
Product: Other, Shipping
Role: Operations & Logistics
Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with an international trading house who are rapidly expanding and looking to hire a senior operations specialist to the team in Madrid.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Maintain clear and effective communication between the commercial team, middle office, back office and customers to ensure smooth end to end trade process
- Handle bulk products such as coal, cement, gypsum, slag, petcoke, clinker and iron ore as well as the necessary shipping / trade documentation
- Oversee vessel scheduling, lay time calculations and settle demurrage claims
- Negotiate and draft letters of credit as well as related contracts
- Role reports into the Global Head of Operations
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in trading operations / logistics / supply chain within the dry bulk commodities space (direct dealing with coal, cement, gypsum, slag, petcoke, clinker and iron ore is highly desirable)
- Ability to work in a fast paced high stress environment
- Fluency in both written and verbal Spanish and English
- Strong accounting knowledge, negotiation skills and a team player
- Located in Spain
If you match the job description and are keen on applying for this role; please send us a copy of your resume/cover letter to email@example.com or submit your application through the Vacancy Form.