Redstone Commodity Search /
Job Reference: RS1077
Job Title: Shipping Manager
Product: Metals, Shipping
Role: Operations & Logistics, Shipbroker
Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with a trading house based in London who are looking to hire a senior broker / charterer to build out the shipping business.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Develop and drive shipping business from Mediterranean Sea / Black Sea to West Africa and vice versa focused on steel products.
- Responsible for negotiating and handling contracts for Multi-Purpose Vessel to reach efficiency and economy of scale
- Interpret current market trends and stay updated with shipping information to identify new opportunities for our business routes.
- Coordinate with the trading team / others clients on the follow up of the vessels
- Role reports into the Managing Director
Key Qualifications / Experience
- 7+ experience as a shipbroker / charterer within the dry bulk / containers space (Understanding Multi-Purpose Vessel would be advantageous)
- Strong market knowledge with transferable portfolio of contacts
- Direct experience fixing vessels across the North and West African markets
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Located in the UK with the right to work
If you match the job description and are keen on applying for this role; please send us a copy of your resume/cover letter to email@example.com or submit your application through the Vacancy Form.