Redstone Commodity Search /
Job Reference: RS0527B
Job Title: Traffic Specialist
Location: US & Canada
Product: Softs & Agriculture
Role: Operations & Logistics
Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with an international agricultural commodities trading group looking to hire a Traffic Specialist join their logistics department in the greater Toronto area.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Responsible for coordinating with shipping lines, trucking companies, clearing agents and warehouses on cargo tracking and status
- Negotiate freight rates with shipping companies
- Coordination and planning with processing plants to ensure efficient and streamlined transportation and storage of commodities
- Track, measure and report regularly on import and export shipments, as well as monitoring quality, quantity, cost and efficiency of goods
- Analyze date to monitor performance and plan improvement and demand
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years’ experience in a similar position in logistics, ocean freight, or traffic
- Good understanding of various logistics processes, including container, truck and rail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as excellent organization and time management abilities
- This position is based in the Greater Toronto area. Candidate must be Canadian citizens, Permanent Residents, or have a valid work permit
If you match the job description and are keen on applying for this role; please send us a copy of your resume/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your application through the Vacancy Form.