Redstone Commodity Search /
Job Reference: RS0504B
Job Title: Traffic Specialist
Location: US & Canada
Role: Operations & Logistics
Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with an international trading company looking to hire a Traffic Specialist to join their team in South Florida.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Maintain effective communication between traders, customers, vendors, and logistics services to ensure terms specified in purchase and sales contracts are executed
- Oversee vessel scheduling, laycan (laydays canceling) declaration and confirmation, vessel nomination and tracking
- Handle requests for inspections (SGS, Bureau Veritas, etc.) as needed
- Maintain necessary shipping documents (Certificates of Origin, Bill of Lading, Quality Certificates, and other export documents).
- Drafting Letters of Credit
- Manage insurance declarations (charterers liability and marine declaration)
Key Qualifications / Experience
- 10+ years' experience in a traffic / logistics position, in the maritime and shipping industry. Experience with bulk vessel shipments an advantage
- Experience handling Letters of Credit preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Excel and full Office Suite
- Detail oriented with exceptional organization skills
- Ability to complete tasks independently and manage a high volume work load
If you match the job description and are keen on applying for this role; please send us a copy of your resume/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your application through the Vacancy Form.